– Sol Zechter
If you’re looking to create the greatest positive impact on the charitable organizations you care about most, we offer flexibility and expertise for meaningful and effective giving. Here are 10 reasons why the Jewish Community Foundation is the perfect choice:
- Experience. The Jewish Community Foundation has served Orange County since 1981 and currently manages hundreds of funds for individual, family and foundation donors and local nonprofits. In the last five years alone, we have distributed over 21 million dollars to more than 600 charitable organizations. During its long history of partnering with donors and the community, the Foundation has earned an outstanding reputation for integrity, transparency and service.
- Maximum tax benefits. The Foundation is a public charity. Every fund created at the Jewish Community Foundation qualifies for the maximum charitable tax deduction permitted by law.
- Security. The responsibility for employing prudent investment strategies to carry out the Foundation’s mission rests with its Board of Directors. The Directors determine overall investment policies and asset allocation guidelines and set the Foundation’s payout rate. The Investment Committee implements the Foundation’s investment policies, selects investment managers and monitors investment performance. Funds are generally commingled for investment purposes. However, the Foundation administers each fund as a separate account and reports each fund’s activities on an individual basis. The Jewish Community Foundation invests its assets to provide support for the community’s current needs and to preserve charitable resources for use by future generations.
- Strategic philanthropic services. Our extensive knowledge of the local, national and international Jewish community is at your fingertips. Our experienced professional staff is ready to support you and your client’s charitable giving interests.
- Donor services. Courteous, knowledgeable and responsive Foundation staff are always ready to answer questions and concerns – of individuals, organizations and professional advisors — and will turn challenges into opportunities, ensuring prompt attention to donor needs. We believe in a donor-centered approach to giving, and we are here to help create your vision.
- Flexibility and simplicity. Donors are able to create funds in any name they choose, for the charitable purposes they choose. With many charitable giving options available through the Foundation, solutions can be tailored to meet donors’ specific needs, visions and objectives.
- Recognition or anonymity.You and your family may choose to receive public recognition or remain anonymous.
- Legacy. With the Foundation, you can create a Jewish legacy for your family and the causes you value — from generation to generation.
- Effective leadership and accountability. Our Board of Directors serves as the governing body of the Jewish Community Foundation. The Directors oversee operations, set policies and make final decisions on all grant awards. It is the Board’s responsibility to ensure that distributions made from the funds the Foundation holds are in keeping with donors’ wishes and address the challenges that face our community as it changes and grows.
- Permanence. We’re here for generations to come. You and your clients can rely on our stewardship of funds that will long outlast their Donors. We will be here, ensuring funds are properly administered, far into the future.